Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Where did the time go?

Being a mom is somehow both constantly surprising and exactly what I was expecting at the same time. My little Anastasia takes almost every moment of my day, and in the moments when she is sleeping peacefully and finally allowing me to do some housework, cooking or eating, I find myself wishing I could be playing with her instead. She's my favorite part of life, although watching my husband fill the role of best daddy ever holds a close second. 

She was beautiful at birth.

...even if her Mommy was looking a little rough.


Still, I'd say we make a pretty cute little family.


And she is so perfect. (Forgive me, I'm having a moment. She was so tiny then!)



It's hard to imagine she was ever that small. 

Now, just for fun, let's see how I did on my predictions:

1. I said she was going to arrive early. Ha! She was almost two weeks late, and I was induced. I was way off here.

2. I said she'd be average size or right around 8 pounds. DIng ding ding! She was 8 pounds and 4 ounces! 

3. I said I would be a mess during labor but that I wouldn't die. I was right. I screamed my head off, but I did it without drugs or an epidural. She was born at 4:51 p.m. on November 3, 2011. 

4. I said I would nurse her exclusively. So far, so good. 

5. I said I would (mostly) use cloth diapers, and I have! Now she's outgrown all of the cloth diapers we have, so we're back to disposable while we try to save up some money to buy some larger-sized CDs.

6. I said her name would be Anastasia Mae, and it is. But I mostly call her Tasia, and Josh mostly calls her Baby Girl or Ana Mae. That's what I like about the name - it's versatile. 

7. I was hoping to see significant changes in my weight in the first couple of months. Well, it's been more than three months, and I've lost about 30 pounds, but I have about 30 or 35 to go. I'd just like to wear my old pants again!

Motherhood rules. I'll post a few more catch-up posts, then we'll see if I can get back into a good blogging habit. 

Note to my baby girl: You're worth every extra pound.

Until next time,

Mama Joselynn


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to go without using an epidural. I tried, but I honestly couldn't even though I thought I could.

    ReplyDelete